Monday, November 9, 2009

Nostalgic Hunger

So I'm thinking about all of the great food I have been fortunate enough to enjoy in the past week.  Friday night, my boyfriend and I went to The Chateau in Westboro and stuffed our faces with the most AMAZING bruschetta.  We're talkin' serious bread with warm gooey mozzarella and some seriously marinated tomatoes and onions.  Perfection. (And under $5 - WHAT!?)

Then I had a nice Italian trio with some classics - lasagna, Fetuccini Alfredo, and chicken parm. All were wholesome and delicious, but I'm the kind of person who needs my taste buds challenged by something unexpected and interesting. I can totally get down on some alfredo goodness, but these classics did not compare to my order last time I was there - tender butternut squash ravioli in a sage cream sauce with shrimp. Oh man. 

On Saturday I went to visit my grandmother, great aunt, and great uncle in Andover for a fabulous lunch. We went to a very classy Italian place (I'm on a roll here) and I had the best lobster ravioli of my life.  I started the meal off with a glorious Caprese Salad - an elegantly layered tower of tomato and fresh mozzarella, garnished with basil and generously drizzled in sweet balsamic and olive oil.  This is my favorite salad - simple, tart, flavorful. I can't get enough. 

The lobster ravioli was truly to die for, with a creamy filling and juicy lobster pieces. Homemade pasta is so refreshingly tender - you can taste the difference.  The white wine and lemon sauce was the perfect accompaniment, the lemon juice noticeable and playful against the aromatic lobster meat.  A little pricey, but absolutely worth it.

I would keep going, but my nostalgic hunger is killing me. More to come. 


2 comments:

  1. I love Chateau in Westborough as well. I too was on an Italian kick he other week, but I ended up at Via in Shrewsbury. I have Lobster Garlic Bread there that was amazing. Thick garlic bread, topped with chucks of lobster and several melted cheesy goodness. And a marinara dipping sauce. Give it a try if you get the chance.

    ReplyDelete